Follow Friday 2

SO here's the second Follow Friday!
Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, and this week's question is.....


Q: Define what characteristics your favorite books share. Do they all have a kick ass heroine or is the hot love interest the Alpha Male?

I suppose I do like kickass heroines, but they aren't a must. What's a must for me is a romance of some kind, mostly the troubled kind, and dollops of great imaginative scenarios and crazy good writing.

But alpha males are somehow a total no-no for me. I mean, I do enjoy a good hero with all his dirt and defiance, but not the kind that can make girls go so weak and kittenish that they can barely speak, let alone do any of their usual kickassery.

But I guess, the writing matters most, and I'll enjoy all sorts of characters if it is just written well enough.

 

Comments

  1. A romance is a must for me too!

    - New follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer! Writing is so important.

    Esha@ Readaholicme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without romance, books get a little boring for me. I also think that the hero shouldn't overpower the heroine. It's ok for him to make her a bit uncomfortable with their chemistry, but she shouldn't become catatonic. LOL
    I'm a new follower.

    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/02/ff-feature-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice answer, I wish my answer could have been as smooth.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer! A kick-ass heroine is not a must for me either! As long as I have a reason to like the characters then I usually love the book! New follower :) Check out my FF:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower! Awesome answer! Here is my FF if you'd like to follow back: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/02/feature-and-follow-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I totally agree with your answer.
    It's not a must, kickass heroines. But I love some loving in my books. :D

    Mariska
    My FFF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like a bit of romance in mine too. Doesn't have to be the main focus but it's a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Ink Spots and Roses! I'm following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I tagged you http://unforgetablebooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/tagged.html
    we met awhile ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Tiger's Curse by Couleen Houck: Review

Bookshelves, Bookshelves, oh my!

Comeback Post: Hi again, and How are You? (+free stories)