Cover Crazy: Daughter of Smoke and Bone

SO this time we're featuring a book which has multiple covers.
This week, we have The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
These are the covers most of us know:
I like these two: the first one is intriguing but sorta odd to see. The second one with the iridescent feathers would look so much more beautiful on hard back!                              
I loved the Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor but I have a bone to pick with the cover designer for the Indian version of the book's cover.
   Now, this I don't get at all! I would never pick this book up because the cover just looks REALLY weird. What were they thinking? I don't like the red and blue together, and it looks like she's a stork.
Then there's this one, this beauty in blue:
    Although the feather looks like a corn-stalk and the cover doesn't really tell us anything about the book, the texture and fonts are lovely. A clean, beautiful cover for hardback. I love the blue.
BUT THEN I FOUND THIS ONE! AND I DIED!
                                                       
THE GERMAN COVER!!! Oh, this one is gorgeous. Gorgeous with its colors, gorgeous with the blue-haired model, the font, the silhouette of Prague.
They recently announced that Universal is going to do a movie on DSB, which I will be dying to see. 
So which one do you like? 
And since I've given you so much DSB eye candy, I'll leave you with something I found on the official website http://www.daughterofsmokeandbone.com/
  Nice, huh?! 
Read my review of this book here: REVIEW
So did you read DSB?  Planning to?                                                                                                          

Comments

  1. That first alternate cover didn't show up. But I agree... that German cover is to die for! LOVE it! Oh and I loved this book as well. Can't wait for the next one to be published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all amazing covers. This is a pretty unique book. I love the feather mask in the US cover.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Tiger's Curse by Couleen Houck: Review

Bookshelves, Bookshelves, oh my!

Comeback Post: Hi again, and How are You? (+free stories)